IntroductionNow that I can take pictures of lightning I decided that I also want to be able to trigger my camera with sound. The design I came up with has the following features:
- Controlled by a PIC micro (PIC16F886).
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Adjustable delay – i.e. the user can set how many milliseconds after the sound event the picture should be taken. (My uncle says it would be a lot better if there was a setting to define how much BEFORE the event it should trigger the camera – but that’s another project – for my Nobel prize later this year…J)
- Operated from battery and/or external power brick.
- Completely decoupled from the camera by opto couplers, so that no harm can be caused by the circuit to the camera.
- Can be used with any camera that has a remote control input (direct, IR or otherwise).
- Can also be used to trigger any other electronic device, e.g. flash
|Meet Lil Bang - little bro of the Big Bang :)|